Wednesday, November 30, 2011

You Will Have Your Cake And Eat It Too.

It's no secret that when I started my studio last summer I wasn't at all sure what I wanted it to do or be. And I've just been making things and saying yes to projects for the research, just discovering what I want to create.

What do I want this studio to be like? Look like? What do I want to offer to people? Do I want to do only custom projects? Or, do I want to do some designs that are ready to wear?

So I've come up with some answers to some of these questions. I'm making a line, a proper line of wedding and party dresses.

My goal is somewhere between 6 and 12 dresses. (I like to have some flexibility.) When these samples are complete, I'm hiring Joe Tanis to shot my look book.

And today, I launched my Kickstarter campaign to help fund all of this! From fabric and materials for the production of the samples to Joe's photography and the model that will wear all the dresses in the photos.

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE your support!

Check out my Kickstarter project here: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/290059773/you-will-have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too

Thanks and Cheers! Phaedra

No comments:

Post a Comment